Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ahhh...Birthdays...

The Hubs had a Birthday over the weekend…and I baked a cake!! Which is not my norm. I also baked Red Velvet Cupcakes…which were Yummo!! I’ll be happy when there all gone so I can stop fighting the temptation of having another. There like chips, you can’t just have one, I promise. Anyway...Betty Crocker I am not. BUT I gave it my all and everything worked out.


We decided rather than waste the money on a tiny $3.00 tube of icing just to write Happy Birthday - to go with something sweet and sour to decorate the top. I think I paid $1.09, that's a buck-o-nine, which does my pocketbook just fine since the cake was on sale for 4/$5.00 and icing 3/$4.00. It all eats just the same, except I saved a few pennies versus buying the store bought kind. 


This is Heidi...she is a Mini-Schnauzer and the Hubs Birthday gift...Pretty cute don't cha think?  


I made him a steak dinner, a cake, and cupcakes...It was a lovely day with the two of us lying around watching a little television...which is not our norm.

Birthdays are a celebration of life. Without this day...we wouldn't have cake or one another...Be Good to You.

Smooches,

Lola

2 comments:

  1. I love the pics! I hope that he had a great birthday and I'm glad that you guys had some time together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics too ... the last one is lovely :) you two are so sweet...!
    I'm glad you had a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love messages...